Our counseling department is here to help students succeed in every aspect of their school experience. Our counselors are happy to meet with students and provide the help needed while on their educational journey.
Additional Counseling Staff
- Academic advisement, post high school planning, and college/career information.
- Healthy life skills, healthy relationships, and coping skills.
- Responsive services including crisis response, mental and emotional wellness skills, group and individual counseling.
Meeting With The Counselor
Available both by appointment and by walk-in. We encourage parents or guardians to call for an appointment to avoid waiting. To reach the counseling office, call (307) 876-2576, Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. I encourage students to sign up to see the counselor before/after school or during breaks, but students may come in on a walk-in basis if in crisis, or when referred by a school staff member.
We make every effort to follow the counseling guidelines contained in the American School Counselor Association Code of Ethics. This means we will keep the information you share with us confidential, unless you give us permission to share it, or unless we are required by law or school policy to share it.
Examples of When We Must Share a Student's Information
When we must consult with other professionals to better help you. When we are required to release information by a school policy, state law, and/or the code of ethics for professional counselors.
- If we believe you are at risk of harming yourself or others.
- If we believe someone is trying to hurt you.
- If a judge orders us to provide information in court.
- If a law is broken.
If you have any questions about these privacy rules, please feel free to talk with the counselor. Your safety and welfare are our highest priorities.